Search This Blog

Friday, April 22, 2011

Recife

From the airport it's very easy to catch public buses to anywhere in the city. There is a good info office that has maps but There's no free wifi at the airport. I stayed at the hostel Piratas da Praia in the Boa Viagem neighborhood for R$37. The staff isn't that helpful but the location is good and there is free wifi and a mediocre breakfast. Hostel options in Recife are limited. I stayed at the HI hostel before and it was ok, a little cheaper and it would have been better probably but there were lots of mosquitos. I got a ride up to Pipa with Bruna so that worked out well.

Coming back from Pipa when the bus comes into Recife the first place it stops is a park in the center. It is best to get off here if you are staying in Recife because the main bus station is very far out of town. From this park I easily caught a bus to Boa Viagem for R$2. Back in Recife I stayed at Piratas da Praia hostel again and this time I was able to get the student price of R$32 for a fan dorm room. On Saturday I went to Praia da Calhetes with Aline and Bruna and the family. It is about a 45 min drive south or Recife and it's a really cool little beach that is
really pretty. We also bought 15 mangos from a guy for R$3! And they were delicious. I don't know how you could get to the beach by public transport but it is a cool area. I couched surfed a couple nights with a girl named Mariana Ochoa which worked out great and it turned out she knew all my Recife friends too! She lives in Boa Viagem and getting to the airport was really easy, just caught a bus marked "aeropuerto" from Ave Domingus Ferris for R$2. Buses start running at 5am.

No comments:

Post a Comment