Search This Blog

Monday, April 11, 2011

Dubai

FlyDubai airline uses terminal 2 at the Dubai airport which is
terrible. The terminal isn't that bad but it doesn't have any
comfortable seating (I arrived at 530am and slept on a bench wrapped
around the armrests for 2 hours) and more importantly it has no
connection to anywhere except by taxi, not even a shuttle to terminal
1 or 3. There are metro stops at 1 and 3 but the only way to get there
is taxi and the taxis from terminal 2 START at 20 Dirham. I tried
forever to find a shuttle and to even get on the employee shuttle but
that didn't work so I walked out of the airport and caught a taxi off
the street which starts at 3 dirham. He took me to the nearest metro
station which is actually Diera City Center (13Dirham), not the
airport metro stops. At the metro I bought an unlimited metro/bus day
pass for 16 dirham.

I went to Burj Khalifa (tallest building in the world) but couldn't go
up it because tickets were sold out. It normally costs 90Dirham to go
up. I didn't know this but you can buy your tickets online ahead of
time which you should do. I also went to the Dubai Marina area which
is nice and the Mall of the Emirates to check out the indoor ski area.
I didn't ski but a 2 hour pass with equipment is 200dirham. I went to
old Dubai area too which is known as Bur Dubai. It's on "the creek"
which looks a lot more like a river than a creek. There are water
buses (boats) that operate on the river. Returning to the airport I
took the metro back to Diera City Center and caught a taxi back to
terminal 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment