Search This Blog

Monday, April 11, 2011

Kandy

Kandy is a pretty big town. The train station is a 10min walk from the
main street. I stayed at the Old Empire Hotel which is right next to
the Buddhas Tooth Temple, right in town. There are more places across
the lake. My room was 740Rs. Very basic, kinda crummy, no bug net,
shared bathroom and NOISY. some jerk was blasting Sri Lankan music in
the street at 2:30am. The restaurant serves a pretty good rice and
curry with chicken for 300Rs but it is VERY spicy.

Leaving Kandy I caught the last bus to Negombo at 5:20pm. The bus
costs about 100Rs and takes 4hrs. Tell the bus driver and/or conductor
that your going to the airport and they'll drop you at the entrance.
After getting dropped off it's about a 10 min walk to the airport
along the access road.

I flew out on flyDubai and they're the first airline I've ever had
weigh my carry on bag to make sure it's less than 7kg. FlyDubai has
nice new planes and I had a row to myself on the way to Dubai.

No comments:

Post a Comment