Search This Blog

Monday, April 11, 2011

Bangkok to Sri Lanka (via Kuala Lumpur)

Leaving Bangkok: I wanted to buy a pair of Jeans on Khao San Rd so I
went there with an Austrian girl I met and she let me keep my bags in
her hotel room during the day. The Hotel sold airport transfers for
130bht and they run every hour. Mine took an hour and a half cause of
traffic I guess. Bangkok airport is awesome. Tons of stores,
immigration and security didn't take long and they claim to have free
wifi but I couldn't get online.

Malaysian Airlines is good. You get 20kg of checked baggage free and
they served a meal on the 2nd flight to Kuala Lumpur. They asked if I
had an onward ticket out of Sri Lanka but didn't make me show it.

Kuala Lumpur airport has one of the best food courts in the world
because it really cheap and they make AMAZING Roti. I had a 3 hour
layover and in KL and I remembered the Roti and had to get it. It's
only RM 1.60 which is about 50 US cents! The food court is on Level 2
and you have to clear customs to get there but it's quick and easy and
there are no fees or departure tax or anything when you go back
through customs to leave Malaysia. The "food garden", as it's called
has other malaysian food too of course and the best part is that it's
all priced at about normal prices, not inflated airport prices. I
definitely recommend checking it out if ever in the KL airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment