Search This Blog

Monday, April 11, 2011

Karak

The bus drops off at
the base of the hill and I hopped in a van up to the castle for
0.50JD. At the castle I went into the Tower Hotel near the gate and
talked to them about onward transport. They said they didn't think
there were anymore buses heading south but said i could try and They
let me keep my backpack there while I explored the castle.

The castle is really cool! I spent about 2 hours exploring it. It was
built by the crusaders and is in pretty good shape. Admission is 1JD
and it's helpful to have a flashlight because there are lots of
passages and caverns to explore.

After exploring the castle i decided to try to get a ride to Wadi Musa
(Petra) from one of the tour buses parked at the castle gate. I asked
a couple bus drivers but they said it was up to the tour guides. I
talked to the tour guide of a German group and he talked to his driver
and the Germans and they allowed me to hitch a ride! First guide i
asked, Awesome. It took about 2.5 hrs to get to Wadi Musa.

No comments:

Post a Comment