Search This Blog

Monday, April 11, 2011

Pursat

I stayed at
Hotel Thmey Thansour of Thansour Thmey, not sure what it's called
really. It was decent with a private room with 2 beds with fan, bath,
tv, and wifi for $6. They had a restaurant and I ate there and it was
decent. Walking around the town it had a better feel than Battambang.
It's smaller and less hectic and there was more of a sense of
community.

I walked to the bamboo train which was about 1km and negotiated a ride
with the locals. It was extremely difficult cause basically no one
spoke english and they were trying to charge a ton of money but they
also might have misunderstood what i wanted but eventually I got a 20
min ride for $2.50 and a moto back for $3. I was on the train with all
the locals and it was pretty sweet. There was a ton of eggs, rice, etc
as well as 2 motos and about 15 locals. I got a seat on one of the
motos which was great cause I had some padding and suspension under
me. I got dropped off at someones house in the middle of no where and
the guy drove me back. The whole trip was about an hour and it was
great! The hotel offered to set up a private trip for $15 for a day. A
moto driver offered to take me to the waterfalls for $30. They're
really far away. It would have been an hour and a half on the train
then 30 min on the moto then about an hour and a half moto ride back.
I didn't have time and it was to pricey. Hopping on with the locals is
definitely the best experience.

I'm taking the Punleu Angkor Khmer Transport Company to Phnom Penh for
18000 real ($4.50). The hotel offered to book the ticket for me but it
was more expensive (like everything) than going direct to the company.
This bus has a flat screen playing a movie and its subtitled in
english! Supposedly it is going to stop near the night market which is
close to the river front, the other buses stop near the central
market, we'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment