Search This Blog

Friday, April 22, 2011

Puno and Lake Titikaka

I stayed at Hostel Monterrey which is right on the pedestrian street in the center. It was recommended in the Lonely Planet. I negotiated a private room with bathroom for s20 but an electric heater was an extra s10. It was pretty cold so I got the heater. The bathroom had really
good hot water which was nice to take a long hot shower. They also had rooms with shared bathroom for s15. I had lunch at a locals place where I got a plate of meat, beans and rice for s3. Man it's good to be back in the third world. Haha

To go out to the Uros floating islands I walked to the boat dock and bought a ticket for s10 and paid the s5 entrance fee. The boat takes you to one of the islands where one of the guys who lives there shows you how the islands are built. They also try to sell you some stuff and encourage you to take a ride on the straw built boat for s6 to another island where there was a restaurant. The whole trip took about 2hrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment