Search This Blog

Friday, April 22, 2011

Flying to Peru

Flying to Peru I was on Copa Airlines. At the checkin in Rio the guy asked to see a ticket out of Peru which I didn't have. He was real nice though and I showed him my flight from Colombia back to the USA and that was enough but I think that if I hadn't gotten someone so nice then it could have been an issue. I have a ridiculous trip ahead of me. I fly Recife-Rio (3hrs) Rio-Panama City (7hrs), Panama City-Lima (3.5hrs), spend 9hrs overnight in the Lima airport, then
Lima-Julisca (1hr), bus Julisca-Puno (45min).

I flew on Lan Airlines from Lima to Juliaca and they let me check in 9 hrs before my flight which was great since it allowed me to check my bag and get my boarding pass so I could go through security. In the food court in Lima there is a place called Pardos Chicken the has absolutely delicious "Anticucho de Corazon" (skewered grilled beef heart pieces) for s4.50. Get them, Don't be put off by the beef heart thing, it tastes like some of the most delicious steak tips you've ever had. I found a good place to sleep in what seemed like an old smoking lounge. It had long bench seats that were pretty comfortable and it was quiet with other people sleeping in there too. There are good bench seats at the gates but access is closed from 11:00pm to
1:30am. I didn't have to pay an airport tax leaving Lima.

Arriving in Juliaca there are collectivo mini-buses waiting to take people to Puno for s15 and they take you right to your hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment