Search This Blog

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mancora

I flew into Tumbes and it is a pretty dangerous place according to most reports. My original plan was to try to get straight on a bus up to Ecuador but I was exhausted from my flights (I had been awake since 5am and got less than 4hrs sleep) and the thought of an 8 hr bumpy bus ride was not appealing. I met 3 Australian guys in the airport who were going to the beach town of Mancora so I decided to tag along and we split a cab there (s/32 each, 2hours). They were staying at the Loki hostel so I did the same (6 bed dorm s/28 with bathroom inside, breakfast, wifi) The hostel is right on the beach and is like a resort with a big swimming pool and 2 bars. It definitely has a spring break feel to it. The hostel was packed but the rest of the town felt pretty dead. There is also a Point Hostel in town but I guess it is far out of town and people get robbed walking there at night. Right in front of the Loki is a restaurant on the beach that serves mountains of excellent civiche for s/15. Leaving Mancora I took the CIFA international bus to Guyachil for s/60. It was a nice semi-cama (seats recline more than your average bus) bus and it left at 9pm and we arrived in Guyachil, Ecuador at 4:30am. The bus stops at both boarder points for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment