Search This Blog

Friday, May 13, 2011

Getting into Ecuador

My nightbus from Peru dropped me of in Guyachile at 430am. I decided to take a bus to the town of Banos. The bus was $7 (7hours) and left at 6 am but that bus got in an accident or something so I had to take a different company. It was the same price but I had to change buses in the town of Riobamba. The drive has spectacular scenery. I got out in Banos and walked around for 20min and it was really dusty and windy and I didn’t like the feel of it so I decided to power on to the town of Tena (frequent buses, $4, 4hours). On the bus I met two Scottish girls who told me that the volcano in town was erupted and that it was dust that I was seeing, it was ash! Was pretty happy I got out of there. In Tena I walked about a km from the bus station to a hostel called Brisa del Rio which is just across the street from the river and near the foot bridge. I was $8 for a private room with fan and shared bathroom and they had wifi. Nobody spoke english but they were helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment