Search This Blog

Friday, June 4, 2010

May 27 Leaving Jericoacoara.

This morning we got up around 10. I went to the main street to get an acai smoothy for breakfast but the place was closed so I walked down to the beach and bought 2 coconuts. I brought my camera and took some pictures of the picturesque village. I walked up the bluff at the east end of the beach and on the way back started talking to a Brazilian guy. He spoke no English but we actually managed to have a convo. My portugeuse consists of about 7 words mostly becuase there is the occasional cross over between Spanish, not that I have any real Spanish skills to speak of but I know a few words. Anyway, turned out that the guy was also from fortaleza but had moved to Jeri a year ago. When I told him I was from "Estados Unidos" (the united states) he said "oooh, Micheal Jackson!" haha.





I walked back to town and ran into Aline and we looked for a couple other places for acai but none were open. We t back to the hotel, jumped in the pool and then packed up and jumped in the back of truck for the ride through the dunes back to Jijoca to pick up the mini bus back to Fortaleza.

I've diagnosed myself with strep throat. I got an email from my mom saying that my brother might have it and my throat has been killing me for 5 days with pretty much nothing else feeling wrong. Today my throat is worse too. Before it only hurt when i swallowed but now it hurts all the time. Ramine is a nuero surgon and his sister Sara is an ER doctor so I'm in pretty good company. Sara took a quick look down my throat and said it looked red with some white splotche, she had a technical term but can't rember it. Oh it's Exudate. She's got some Azithromycin back in Fortaleza and I'm going to start taking it tonight. Hopefully it works fast cause I'm sick of this illness and we've got a concert in fortaleze to go to saturday night and a giant reggae beach party to go to Sunday night.

Tonight Aline's dad, Alvaro, is flying back into Fortaleza for the weekend and wants to take us out to dinner tonight. I think we're going to a restaurant on the beach for a special crab night with live music so that should be awesome and delicious. We're going back to stay Marina Park hotel in fortaleza which is alright but it's kinda expensive at about $35 per person per night uand we have 4 of us in a room. But I guess that's the easiest thing to do now since we have a big group.

Dinner was awesome! Live music at a place called Coco Beach at Praia de forturo. The crab was delicious too. It seemed kinda similar to dungeness crab and was about the same size but it was cooked in a delicious sauce that I can't really describe except that it was kinda like a curry but not spicy at all, just that kind of consistancy. We didn't get back to the hotel until 1am. Aline's dad Alvaro is awesome. I'm planning on going down to Recife next week which is where Alvaro and Aline's sister live. It is about 10 hours south by bus on the coast. Alvero has some award winning horses apparently and he wants to take me riding. haha he's pretty funny about too because he speaks about as much English as I speak Portuguese.

No comments:

Post a Comment